Thursday, February 28, 2008

Bloom Taxonomy

(Native Son)

Knowledge

1. How many kids do Mrs. Thomas (Bigger’s mother) have?

She has three children, two boys and one girl.

Comprehension

2. Who was the key character?

Bigger was the key character because that story is basically about him, it follows Bigger around nobody else.

Application

3. What questions would you ask of Bigger?

The first question that I would ask Bigger is why won’t he get a job to help support his family. The next question would be why do he act so brave and he know he’s not. The last question I would ask is why did he kill Dalton girl.

Analysis

4. How was this book similar to the wire? This is similar to the wire because it has cursing, violence/murder, poverty, the streets everything abut this book is the same way as the wire nothing more nothing less. They both have people getting murdered in them, the use of the "N" word(nigger). They’re both so much a lot there basically the same.

Synthesis

5. What would happen if Bigger didn’t get caught for killing the Dalton girl. He would probably be living his life not running from the cops. He might be trying to get a job to help out his family. We don’t really know what he would be doing but I know it would be better than running from the cops for killing the Dalton girl. What if Bigger didn’t do the crime at all he’d probably be at the pool hall playing a game of pool with his friends.

Evaluation

6.How would you feel if you were in Bigger’s situation? I think I would be scared because Im going to jail for killing the Dalton girl. Now they’re trying to say I raped her, now it’s a sex crime not just a murder now they’re trying to put me away for the rest of my life. Man and this girl is white I defiantly going to get the death penalty for this man my life is so fucked up how did I get in the mess. Damn it I should have tried harder to hide her body, shit I basically cremated her dammmnnn them cops I would have gotten away with it to if they didn’t come over how did they even know it was me shit. How they even know it was her it was only bones. They just want to blame a black man any way them dirty cops. Man I don’t know what I’m going to do I have my whole life in front of me, now I can’t do anything for my family now.

No comments: